Get your copy of the Sea Cadets Recipe Book
Check out our new recipe book of dishes submitted by cadets and try one for free
We asked you to submit your favourite recipes so that we could bring them all together in a book. Try out this recipe submitted by Cadet Amber from Felixstowe Unit, and then buy the book to find more yummy recipes…
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Serving suggestion: These biscuits can simply be sprinkled with icing sugar after baking.
- 155g butter
- 155g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- few drops of vanilla extract
- 375g plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
1. In a bowl, beat the butter with the sugar until creamy.
2. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract to taste.
3. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into the bowl. Blend in with a spoon, then work by hand to form a dough.
4. Wrap the dough in plastic/beeswax wrap. Chill for 45 minutes.
5. Grease several baking sheets.
6. Roll out dough on a floured surface to 0.3cm thick. Using an egg-shaped cutter, cut out as many eggs as possible from the dough. Place slightly apart on baking sheets. Re-knead and re-roll trimmings and cut out more rounds to make approx. 44 biscuits in total. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
7. Preheat the oven to 160oC fan/180oC/gas mark 4.
8. Bake the biscuits in the oven for 15–20 minutes until lightly coloured.
9. Using a palette knife, carefully remove the biscuits from the baking sheets and place on wire racks to cool.
10. Optional: decorate with coloured fondant icing on top. Be sure to roll it out quite thin to make a crispy biscuit.
Get your recipe book from the Sea Cadets Shop
More news & Events
To mark International Women’s Day, we asked former cadet and volunteer Caz Palmer about being the first female Captain of cruise ship Hebridean Princess and the only female Master
Course spotlight: The Earthshot Challenge
This challenge for junior cadets encourages them to think about ways to reverse the climate emergency and repair the planet by 2030